Madrid Day 1 in pictures

8.14.2011

in lovely love my family,my girls,not New York

waiting for luggageFound an octopus

waiting for luggageFound  a creepy Minnie Mouse

waiting for luggageSword fight at the castle. (Okay, the castle gift shop.)

Standing guard

waiting for luggageThalia spots Thalia

waiting for luggageFirst tapas

waiting for luggage

waiting for luggagePhysical comedy: funny in any language

waiting for luggageMariposa

waiting for luggageMariposa 2

waiting for luggageFirst Caipirinha(s)

waiting for luggage“Okay, just one…”

waiting for luggageSword fight at a street fair

waiting for luggageNightcap

waiting for luggageNight.

Not shown: Photos of toddler next to us screaming for four straight hours of the flight, Camper Shoe shopping spree, Fat Spiderman, kids squeeing over murphy bed, kids eating three straight meals of bread, square toilet, people dancing to Katy Perry in the street, mounds of Cabrales, me speaking some totally fabricated French-Italian-Spanish language blend.

All in all, I’d say a decent start to the trip.

Lady M August 14, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Octopus!

I’m so sorry we missed each other at BlogHer11. Hope you see you next time and have a great trip to Madrid.
Lady M recently posted..Off to BlogHerMy Profile

edenland August 14, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Utterly gorgeous pics – your hubby is a HOTTIE.

I want to see fat spiderman.

Kami August 14, 2011 at 8:17 pm

So effin’ fun! You gotta hit my fave museum, the Reina Sofia. It’s awesome! And a Camper shopping spree? You had me at Camper. And shopping. And spree. Happy Sangria!

Marinka August 14, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Love the pics. And screaming babies on planes.

Have a great time. I love Spain.
Marinka recently posted..So Good, They’ll Think It’s For ThemMy Profile

Anthony from CharismaticKid August 14, 2011 at 10:47 pm

That is the creepiest minnie mouse ive ever seen.
Anthony from CharismaticKid recently posted..CharismaticKid’s Phineas and Ferb Summer Challenge!My Profile

Tiffany August 15, 2011 at 7:46 am

Love your pictures. We saw the same minnie mouse and fat spiderman a few years ago. Gotta love Madrid.

steve shilstone August 15, 2011 at 11:04 am

The standing guard shot kills.
steve shilstone recently posted..THE WOODLOCK COVERMy Profile

JenW August 15, 2011 at 11:15 am

Camper is a Spanish company? Oh, gosh, I pass their store on Prince every day and LOVE their shoes. Jealous of your spree! Lovely pics–looks like a lot of fun for everyone.

Laura Mayes August 15, 2011 at 11:50 am

Love the photos. Keep ‘em comin’. ¡Diviértase!
Laura Mayes recently posted..Summer: Day 50. The 56th Day Over 100 Degrees.My Profile

Tori August 15, 2011 at 1:10 pm

What fun! And I too speak some random, inexplicable hybrid of French-Italian-Spanish. With a dash or two of mispronounced Portuguese for good measure. We are the world, speak it proud!

Luda August 15, 2011 at 4:27 pm

The last photo is priceless. I see some blackmail in her future.
Luda recently posted..Olivia Wilde’s Oscar-winning turn in Cowboys and Aliens.My Profile

Heather B. August 15, 2011 at 6:14 pm

It thrills me to no end seeing you and your family enjoy Madrid. I love that place so much.
Heather B. recently posted..When Kristen Almost Died At BlogHerMy Profile

Jessica@Team Rasler August 16, 2011 at 1:48 am

Ah, flying with toddlers. Always a joy. The cotton candy, on the other hand: that just screams summer happiness. Enjoy the rest of the trip!
Jessica@Team Rasler recently posted..AccomplishmentMy Profile

Amanda August 17, 2011 at 12:24 pm

You had me laughing out loud as I pictured a recent trip I took with two of my littles ones (which had many repeated meals of nothing of substance and lots of screaming babies). Thank you for the laughter – so needed that today!