For a guaranteed happy Monday

5.20.2013

in not New York

Back again in the glorious Czech republic for work. While it’s mostly work work work, yesterday we stumbled into a young string quartet performing pop songs on the Charles Bridge on a spectacular Sunday afternoon.

May this rendition of ABBA’s Mamma Mia, Prague style, make your day a good one.

Korinthia Klein May 20, 2013 at 7:18 am

The video is coming up weird at my end (sort of stretched out beyond the edge of the screen) but I can hear it! When I was in Prague a million years ago I loved how many musicians were on that bridge and scattered throughout the city. I had dreams of going back there with my instrument and playing for my meal money each day.
Korinthia Klein recently posted..Almost ThereMy Profile

Tanya May 20, 2013 at 1:18 pm

I can’t really see the video either :( It is all stretched out on the screen on my end too.
Tanya recently posted..Avoiding the 7 Big Team-Building BlundersMy Profile

Mom101 May 20, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Working on it! Gah, Czech internet…

Elisa May 20, 2013 at 2:05 pm

WOW. Incredibly, incredibly talented.
Elisa recently posted..Event Alert: Women’s ExpoMy Profile

Mom101 May 20, 2013 at 2:35 pm

They followed up with Oasis and The Beatles.
Mom101 recently posted..For a guaranteed happy MondayMy Profile

Kat May 20, 2013 at 10:52 pm

I love this! They are super talented! This video clip reminds me of when we visited Russia and there were street musicians on Arbat Street.

Thank you for posting this — it definitely did lift my spirits!
Kat recently posted..Growing Up Hapa: Destined to be a Foodie?My Profile

Marija May 20, 2013 at 11:33 pm

These two guys are not as spontaneous as Prague bridge musicians, but they still rock the place with similar idea (now under scripting and A-production).

Mom101 May 21, 2013 at 6:49 am

I’ve seen them – thanks for sharing that video. Wonderful!

Observacious May 21, 2013 at 1:04 pm

This is delightful.
Observacious recently posted..3 odd encounters: Are these bird omens or just weird coincidences?My Profile

Diana May 21, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Awesome! I love the immediacy of street performers – creativity bursting forth.
Diana recently posted..Forget the Jones’; I Couldn’t Keep Up With the Sears’My Profile

Melinda July 28, 2013 at 11:46 pm

My husband and I visited Prague when we were dating, and couldn’t get over how ridiculously enchanting (and clean!) it was. Like Disney on steroids without the cheese. Every corner we turned, we looked at each other like ‘seriously?’